Biogen to Webcast Aducanumab Presentations from AD/PD 2021 Virtual Conference on March 9-13, 2021
Cambridge, Mass. – Biogen (Nasdaq: BIIB) today announced it will host webcasts of its pre-recorded presentations and live discussions related to its Alzheimer’s disease investigational therapy, aducanumab, at the upcoming AD/PDTM 2021 Virtual Conference.
AD/PD Webcast Schedule Details:
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 6:45 a.m. ET – Pre-recorded presentation: Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarker Concordance with Amyloid PET in EMERGE and ENGAGE, Phase 3 Studies of Aducanumab in Patients with Early Alzheimer’s Disease, Laura Nisenbaum, Ph.D., Senior Director, Diagnostic Pathways Unit at Biogen
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 11:00 a.m. ET – Live discussion including Laura Nisenbaum, Ph.D., Senior Director, Diagnostic Pathways Unit at Biogen
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 6:45 a.m. ET - Pre-recorded presentation: Evaluation of aducanumab efficacy in early Alzheimer’s disease, Samantha Budd Haeberlein, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Head Neurodegeneration Development Unit at Biogen
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 7:00 a.m. ET - Pre-recorded presentation: Evaluation of aducanumab safety in early Alzheimer’s disease, Spyros Chalkias, M.D., Senior Medical Director, Global Safety and Regulatory Sciences at Biogen
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:30 a.m. ET – Live discussion including Samantha Budd Haeberlein, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Head Neurodegeneration Development Unit at Biogen
Please note all pre-recorded presentation webcasts will be available online on March 9, 2021, starting at 2:00 a.m. ET. To access the webcasts, please go to the Investors section of Biogen’s website at investors.biogen.com. Following the webcasts, an archived version will be available on the website.
To access the webinar, please go to the Investors section of Biogen’s website at investors.biogen.com. An archived version of the webinar will be available following the presentation.
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases as well as related therapeutic adjacencies. One of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 by Charles Weissmann, Heinz Schaller, Kenneth Murray and Nobel Prize winners Walter Gilbert and Phillip Sharp. Today Biogen has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics and is focused on advancing research programs in multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, neuromuscular disorders, movement disorders, ophthalmology, neuropsychiatry, immunology, acute neurology and neuropathic pain.
We routinely post information that may be important to investors on our website at www.biogen.com. To learn more, please visit www.biogen.com and follow us on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube.
Aducanumab (BIIB037) is an investigational human monoclonal antibody studied for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Based on clinical data from patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment due to Alzheimer’s disease and mild Alzheimer’s disease, aducanumab has the potential to impact underlying disease pathophysiology, slow cognitive and functional decline and provide benefits on patients’ ability to perform activities of daily living, including conducting personal finances, performing household chores, such as cleaning, shopping and doing laundry, and independently traveling out of the home. If approved, aducanumab would be the first treatment to meaningfully change the course of the disease for individuals living with Alzheimer’s.
Biogen licensed aducanumab from Neurimmune under a collaborative development and license agreement. Since October 2017 Biogen and Eisai have collaborated on the development and commercialization of aducanumab globally.
|MEDIA CONTACT :
+ 1 617 679 4945
+1 781 464 2442